Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Monday, June 18, 2012

Short meal vocabulary

Sunny Side Up Eggs @ Com Tam Dat Thanh

Hello again! I remind you that theme of the month is Food! First I want to show you my short list of «meal» words. I hope it will be useful for you too. Then I am going to practice my writing skills and describe my favorite meal of the day.

breakfast - the first meal of the day especially when taken in the morning

lunch – the meal taken in the middle of the day

dinner- the principal meal of the day

dish - food prepared in a particular way

soup - a liquid food especially with a meat, fish, or vegetable stock as a base and often containing pieces of solid food

home-cooked meal – a meal that is prepared at home

health food - a food that is believed to be good for your health (has no artificial ingredients)

convenience food - any packaged food, dish, or meal that can be prepared quickly and easily, as by thawing or heating

processed food – the same

junk food - food that is not good for your health because it contains high amounts of fat or sugar

snack - a small amount of food eaten between meals

fast food - food that is prepared and served quickly;
                  food from a restaurant that makes and serves food very quickly

grocery store - a store that sells food and household supplies

 
Ok. My favorite meal of the day is breakfast! In Russia we have this saying: «Eat breakfast by yourself, divide your lunch with your friend and give away your dinner to your enemy». So we think a good breakfast is good for your health.

As for me, I usually have cottage cheese with sour cream and sugar for breakfast. Or I can fry some eggs if I can’t find cottage cheese in my fridge. I make them sunny-side up. I like sunny-side up eggs because they’re tasty and easy to cook. Cooking eggs sunny-side up takes about 5 minutes.

Then I drink a cup of herbal tea with sweets. You know, scientists say sweets are very helpful in improving a woman’s mood, but only in the morning. So women don’t forget to eat something sweet in the morning to have a good day!

And now it's your turn to train your writing skills. Don’t be shy to write about your favorite meal of the day in the comments!

P.S. Look at the picture above if you are wondering how sunny-side up egg looks like. As you know, there’re many ways of preparing eggs. If you want to know how to describe all of them in English, listen to the episode «How Would You Like Your Eggs?» by EnglishPod.com.
(You need to sign up first)

0 коммент.:

Post a Comment